Monday, November 15, 2010

An Introduction to Production Sound | Film Independent

I am attending a sound class tonight, courtesy of Francisco from Film Independent! Sound is half of the movie, as they say, but it's surprising to see how many filmmakers neglect sound recording when they shoot and pay for it in post. I have worked with some awesome sound people and developed a great respect for this aspect of filmmaking. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this class, taught by Arran Murphy (The Wheeler Boys, Hollywood je t'ame).

Film Independent offers this and many other wonderful classes. The Art of Editing class is excellent. I've included the link below if you like to know more about Film Independent and their educational resources.


1 comment:

Ignatius Nash Lin said...

Film Independent's production sound class was informative, useful, and confidence-building. The instructor, Arran Murphy, was passionate and straight-forward. I learned a lot about how to get better sound for my next project!